FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"A Twist of Fate"
Part 23
by Anne Baker
Disclaimer: They’re not mine. The characters of Roswell belong to Melinda Metz, the WB, Jason Katims, and all the wonderful people who we all love for starting this wonderful story. I’m just borrowing them! The quotes are from “Watershed” by Indigo Girls. Go girls! (Amy shook my hand! That’s my one claim to fame of the summer while y’all were meeting Jason!)
Summary: It's Freshman year, and a certain dream couple starts to eye each other! What would happen if the couples got together Frosh year instead of Sophomore year?
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: Dedication: Thanks to my whole Roswell family for being so supportive and loving to me. Particularly Mel, Celeste, Patti, Jez, Linda, Anne M, and the whole diehard family!
“Liz, are you up there?”

Liz stopped in her tracks and smiled softly. She was lighting up her candles, preparing for her nightly ritual of journal writing, when Max called up to her.

“Yeah, come on up!”

Liz watched as Max climbed up the ladder, hoisting himself over the brick ledge, and coming face to face with her.

“Wow…what initiated that?” Liz asked him. He had never done this before, showing up at her balcony in the middle of the night.

“I just…I wanted to see you…to talk to you.”

“Talk?”

“Yeah…listen Liz. I was thinking about us…and how lucky we are to have found each other, accept each other, and love each other. And I’ve been watching Isabel and Michael struggle with what to do with their new relationships, and it occurred to me that you and I, we have never struggled with one another. We came together, and it was wonderful from day one. I thank god every day for that. I guess the one thing I’m wondering Liz, is why me? What was it that made you love me so unconditionally.”

“I honestly don’t know Max. It just felt right for me from the start. Maybe it was just meant to be.”

“Maybe.”

Their gazes locked, and they lost themselves in each other’s eyes, drowning in the love and affection that they found waiting there.

“Liz…do you know where you stand with me?” Max asked her softly.

“What do you mean?” She studied him. Where was he going with this?

“I mean…do you know that you’re my whole world, Liz? ‘I love you’ doesn’t even begin to describe the way I feel about you. You’re the one, Liz. The first one. The only one. I could never be with anyone else. Ever. I look at you, Liz, and I want to be with you forever. I would do anything, sacrifice anything to make that a reality.”

“Really?”

“Yeah…and I guess what I’m saying…what I’m asking, is do you feel the same?”

“How can you ask that, Max. You know that I do.” Liz asked him, startled by the question.

“I know…I guess, I just need to hear it.” He admitted softly.

“I love you, Max. And I need you as a part of my life. I could never be with anyone other than you.”

“Thank you.” Max whispered.

“No Max. Thank you. For letting me in and making me a part of your life.”

“Liz…” Max started. “I know this is a little premature…we’re only Sophomores…but I know that I am going to love you forever, and I want you to be mine. What I’m saying, Liz, is…will you marry me?”

“Will I…what?” Liz asked, thinking that she misheard him.

“Will you marry me, Liz. Not yet, obviously…after we’re out of school. But I guess…I just want to make what I feel in my heart a reality. Will you marry me?”

Max pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket, and opened it to reveal a thin silver band with a single heart-shaped diamond in the top. Liz’s eyes teared up at the sight. It was beautiful.

“Yes…” Liz breathed out. “I love you, Max. I just wish we didn’t have to wait so long.”

Max pulled a second box out of his pocket. “I got you a chain too…that way you can wear my heart beside yours all the time, until we can put it on your finger permanently.”

Liz watched through glazed eyes as Max slipped the chain through the ring, and fastened it, before sliding it over her head, and placing it around her neck, the ring falling between her breasts.

He looked up from the ring to her eyes, and saw the intense love that was burning in her gaze. Max reached over, and cupped her cheek, feeling her silky skin beneath his rough hands, and he caressed her softly.

“I love you.” He pledged passionately, leaning down, and brushing his lips across hers.

“I love you.” She whispered back, so softly that he could barely hear her, but she spoke against his lips, sending vibrations through his. He pressed his lips more firmly against hers, sucking on her lower lip, while his hands slipped down her body, clutching her around her waist. He pulled her hips towards his, pressing their bodies together.

Liz wrapped her arms around Max’s neck, sliding her hands through his hair, as she deepened the kiss, tracing his lips with her tongue before plunging it into his mouth. Their tongues dueled, as they slowly made love to each other’s mouths.

One of Max’s hands slid up under Liz’s shirt and up her back. She gasped at the sensation of his hands on her bare back…she wanted to feel more of him. Liz slid her hands down his chest to his shirt line, and tugged it up and over his head, discarding it off to the side.

Max caught Liz’s eyes, ferile from the passion of his kisses, and gasped as her hands began to trace the lines of his toned chest. Her hands molded and massaged his flesh, causing him to moan slightly in sweet agony. Did she have any idea what she was doing to him? She then slid her fingers over his tight nipples, and he groaned out loud, as she began to roll them between her fingers, first one, and then the other.

“Stop…” Max pleaded softly, sliding his hand over hers, and pulling them away from his chest. His body was screaming for her to continue, but his ever-logical mind cried out for him to think about her. Was she ready for this?

“I want this.” Liz breathed out, easing the silent worries that she could knew he was feeling. How did she know? Liz pushed the thought to the back of her mind with the obvious answer. The connection…

She knew that she was supposed to be nervous, scared. It was her first time…what if she wasn’t good enough? But with Max…all of her worries were nonexistent. They were perfect for each other. Nothing would change that. This would be perfect…just because it was with Max.

Max nodded silently in agreement. He wanted this as much as she did. His breath caught in his throat as he watched Liz’s hands begin to move again…this time towards her own shirt.

The world seemed to slip into slow motion, as Liz began to expose her chest, inch by inch. ‘Breathe Max.’ He reminded himself. ‘Remember to breathe’.

He sucked in another breath, all thoughts forgotten when Max realized that Liz was wearing no bra. She discarded her pajama tank top, and stood there exposed to Max for the first time, as his eyes openly worshipped her.

Liz waited for Max to make the first move…but he stood there motionless. She began to shiver under the cool night air.

“I’m sorry.” Max spoke up huskily. “You’re just so beautiful. I’m afraid that by touching you…” He trailed off, causing Liz to speak up.

“Please Max? Please?” Her heart pounded in her chest, and her body ached all over, as Max began to raise his hand excruciatingly slow.

Her entire body tingled, and she shivered as she felt the first touch of his rough, warm hands cupping her smooth, silky breast. She gasped and quivered as he ran his thumb over her tightening nipples, marveling at the new sensations coursing through her body. How could such a simple motion initiate such a powerful reaction to her entire being?

Liz reached up and grabbed Max’s head, pulling it to her own and attacking his lips with a forceful kiss.

Max’s hands began to roam her upper body, sliding down to her hips, and then back up again as he caressed her shoulders. Her body burned everywhere he touched…she was on fire…and all Liz could think about was how much she desperately wanted more. Max’s hands stopped at her neck, as his thumb gently ran over the chain hanging there. He leaned down, and kissed the cool metal of the ring hanging in the cavern between Liz’s breasts. She threw her head back, gasping at the sensation. What was he doing to her?

“It’s incredible…seeing that on you.” He whispered, returning his lips to hers in a passionate embrace. His hands moved to her back, as he eased her to the ground slowly, sliding down over her. His mouth roamed her face, starting at her lips, and slowly making their way down her jaw to attack her throat.

Liz’s hands began to roam the lines of Max’s toned body again, tracing each one, and sliding down his chest, until she reached his waist, where his jeans blocked her further travels. She took a deep breath before continuing. Liz knew what she wanted…the question was, how far would Max let her go? She knew how much he probably wanted to go…the ever growing lump beneath his jeans proved that…but she knew Max…and he thrived on control. Maybe she could make him loose control, for just one night.

She slowly reached for the button of his jeans, pulling it out, and slowly easing down the zipper. Liz didn’t get very far, when she felt Max’s hand cover her own. She looked up and found his eyes, pleading with her to stop.

“We can’t, Liz. It isn’t safe. There could be risks…we don’t know what could happen, since I’m different.”

“I don’t care.” Liz responded evenly. “I want this, Max. I think we’re ready for it. We can’t live our lives in fear of what could happen. Sometimes we have to just go for it. Please, Max? I need to feel you inside of me.”

Liz could see the struggle in Max’s eyes, as he fought what he needed, with what his logical mind screamed was wrong. Liz knew the moment that he gave in, as his eyes evened out, and his hand eased off hers. She leaned up and graced his lips with a sweet kiss in response, thanking him silently. She slowly slipped down the zipper, releasing the ache of the tightening in Max’s jeans. His jeans were discarded, and he lay there with nothing, but his boxers between him and his love. Liz met Max’s eyes, letting her eyes voice everything her mind was thinking: “I love you, I love you, I love you.” She took a deep breath, and pushed his boxers down, tossing them away.

Liz lay there motionless for a moment, staring at Max openly. He watched her silently for a moment before softly speaking up.

“Liz, what is it?”

“It’s just…seeing you like this. It’s incredible, Max. It’s…beautiful.”

She hesitantly reached out and touched Max. It surprised Max, and all his muscles clenched, while he threw back his head, sucking in his breath. She cupped her hand around him feeling the length of him, and rolled his thumb over her head, amazed at how silky it felt.

“Liz!” Max gasped out suddenly. She looked back up to find his face clenched in ecstasy. “God, Liz…if you don’t stop that, I’m not going to make it here!”

Liz slid her hand away from him, and up his chest, to rub his neck slightly. “Well what do you suggest then?” She asked him with a soft smile. He kissed her softly on the stomach, before reaching for her pajama pants, and slowly sliding them down, underwear and all.

“Your turn.” Max whispered softly, as he slunk down so that his face was even with her hot, moist folds. He breathed in her musky scent, swimming in it for an instant, memorizing it, wanting to remember this forever, and then he leaned in to taste her.

Liz gasped and moaned as Max devoured the depths of her caverns, slowly making love to her with his tongue, lapping up her juices like he couldn’t get enough of her. Her fists tangled in his hair, as she cried out his name in sensual agony. He pulled his head back, and drank in the site of Liz, completely exposed to him, her head thrown back, and her breathing raspy as she tried to regain control of herself. He slid back over her, and attacked her lips. She marveled at the taste of herself on Max’s lips.

This was the way it was meant to be.

His eyes searched hers out, silently asking one last time if she wanted out. Once he continued there would be no turning back. Tears filled Liz’s eyes at the thoughtfulness and love that pooled in his eyes. She reached out, and gently stroked his cheek, before lightly letting her lips slide over his.

Their eyes remained locked, as Max slowly began to enter Liz. He watched for any pain in her eyes, relieved, as he saw none. Liz continued to stroke Max’s cheek comfortingly, as he finally became fully sheathed within her.

“It’s incredible.” Max and Liz thought in unison. Their eyes met in surprise as they realized that they had heard each other’s thoughts.

With Max inside of Liz, their connection had intensified, and deepened into something even greater than before. Liz gasped out as the new connection surged over her mind, capturing her very being. She could no longer tell where she ended and Max began. Their thoughts were the same, their feelings shared. They were in every sense of the word, one person, one soul.

Max began to move inside of Liz, as together they set up the perfect rhythm to push them both over the edge. Together they tumbled over the cliff, crying out in unison as the waves of pleasure tumbled viciously through them both. Leaving them gasping for breath, tears of joy streaming down their faces.

Rolling over so that Liz was on top, while the last sobs raked through her shuddering body, Max wrapped his arms around her, stroking her hair, and smothering her with soft sweet kisses as her body slowly returned to normal.

Part 22 | Index | Part 24
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.