FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"A Twist of Fate"
Part 14
by Anne Baker
Disclaimer: They’re not mine. The characters of Roswell belong to Melinda Metz, the WB, Jason Katims, and all the wonderful people who we all love for starting this wonderful story. I’m just borrowing them! The quotes are from “Watershed” by Indigo Girls. Go girls! (Amy shook my hand! That’s my one claim to fame of the summer while y’all were meeting Jason!)
Summary: It's Freshman year, and a certain dream couple starts to eye each other! What would happen if the couples got together Frosh year instead of Sophomore year?
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
Authors Note: Dedication: Thanks to my whole Roswell family for being so supportive and loving to me. Particularly Mel, Celeste, Patti, Jez, Linda, Anne M, and the whole diehard family!
Max and Liz didn’t see each other as much as usual for a few weeks following the cave incident. Finals were coming up, and the school year was coming to a close.

They saw each other whenever they could, sharing lunch at school, and studying together for whatever classes they could, but conversation was strained, and they never brought up their trip to the desert.

Max was beginning to fear that the romance might be going out of their relationship. It was a scary thought for him. That’s why he was so relieved when finals ended, and the summer began. They had three months ahead of them, and Max intended to fill it with nothing but romance.

Now he was taking Liz out for their first date since the cave. They were going to have a romantic candlelit dinner at the local Mexican restaurant. Max intended to make the night perfect for the girl he adored, so that maybe the flame would rekindle, and burn brightly again. That way he could ensure that this summer was the best one of their lives.

Max finished dressing, and grabbed the jeep keys, ready to go pick her up, when he heard a soft knock on the front door. Max gasped at the sight waiting for him when he opened the door.

Liz was standing there, haphazardly dressed for their date, in a nice dress, her hair a mess. Her attire didn’t shock Max though…it was the tears streaming down her face as she sobbed loudly in pain. His heart broke right beside hers, as he could almost feel the fear surging through her.

Liz flung herself into Max’s arms, and he held her tightly, stroking her hair, and whispering comfortingly in her ear.

The feel of him surrounding her finally helped Liz to calm down, so Max pulled her inside, to his bedroom, and shut the door behind him.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Max asked her gently.

“Yeah.” Liz responded, her voice still quivering from the storm that had racked her body only minutes before. She searched for her words carefully before responding. “My grandmother just called. She wants me to come spend the summer with her.”

“What? The whole summer?” Max felt all of his hopes and dreams for the upcoming months suddenly go crashing away, with no hope of being recovered.

“Yeah. The whole summer. I love my grandmother to death. She’s like, more of a friend to me then a relative. I’m usually desperate to visit her. That’s why my parents never even considered that I might not want to go.”

“The whole summer…” Max repeated in shock, the reality of it finally starting to sink in.

“I fly out tomorrow morning.”

Max accepted that this was no joke… He was going to loose Liz for the whole summer. Tonight was going to be their last night together for three months. There was nothing he could do to keep her here. It was final…

“We’d better make tonight special then.” Max slowly decided, trying to smile, but he just couldn’t do it. “God, Liz. I’m going to miss you so much!”

“I’m going to miss you too, Max. It’s going to kill me being away from you all summer.”

“Why don’t you clean up, and then we’ll go to dinner. Let’s make some happy memories for tonight, so that we can remember it all summer.” Max suggested.

Liz headed towards the bathroom, her heart aching from even the slightest distance separating them. How was she going to handle being hundreds of miles away from him all summer? She had no idea…

Max sat in his room, the loneliness that had absorbed his emotions from the time that he was a small boy, suddenly beginning to resurface. He was going to be all alone again, all summer. The thought was more than he could bear. He wanted to be with her…no…he needed to be with her.

Max stood up determinedly, and headed towards the bathroom door, softly unlocking it with his powers, and slipping in silently. He saw Liz standing with her back to the door, her face buried in a towel to dry it. She didn’t even hear him enter. Max smiled mischievously, before boldly making his way towards her, and slipping his arms around her waist, pulling her up against him.

Liz gasped in shock at first, and then smiled happily as she relaxes against her boyfriend’s body.

“I thought I locked that door….ooooh.” Liz started commenting, but she trailed off as Max began to smother her neck with soft, sweet kisses. She let her eyes slide shut, and let herself just feel the sensations that were coursing through her body. It was…indescribable. Max’s hands and lips were setting her on fire.

Liz whimpered slightly as Max pulled away slightly. Her breath caught in her throat when she realized his intents, as she suddenly found herself scooped up in Max’s arms, being carried towards his bedroom. He gently placed her back down on his bed, and crawled over her, pining her to the bed beneath him.

Their lips caught each other’s in a passionate duel, as the couple desperately tried to fulfill all their needs in a single instant. Max’s hands wandered Liz’s body, leaving the burning heat of desire everywhere he touched.

Desperation pulled them on, as they both knew full well that it was their last chance to be together for a long time.

Then the connection began to flare up between them again. The flashes were quicker this time, less clear, as were their kisses compared to the last time, but the emotions came through clearly this time.

Max could feel Liz’s desperation to feel him all around her, and he compiled, touching her where he felt she wanted him to, and kissing her breathlessly, just like he knew she needed.

Liz could feel Max’s fear and loneliness, and knew that it was these feelings that initiated his actions. He was terrified of losing her this summer, and of having to return to his lonely Liz-less life. He was afraid she would return home, and no longer feel the same way about him.

More than anything, both could feel the powerful feelings of love flowing, surging between the two of them. It was like a drug, urging their bodies on as they continued holding each other, kissing each other.

Slowly the connection faded, and their desperation slowed. Their kisses became slow and romantic, before finally they just lay there, holding each other tightly…never wanting to let go.

Part 13 | Index | Part 15
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.