FanFic - Crashdown After Hours
"A Few Degrees Shy of Heaven"
Part 24
by Christina
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing.
Summary: ***If you haven't read Road Trip, much of this will not make sense***
Category: After Hours
Rating: NC-17
"What's going on Ashtar?" Dinah asked as she looked at the six teenagers who were sprawled out in the living room. "Why are they all sleeping?"

Ashtar's wise old eyes looked at Dinah and he held his finger to his mouth. "Shh," he whispered. "They're not sleeping. They're looking for Maria."

"But Maria's right there."

"Not the physical Maria, Dinah. I think her father got into her mind. I searched her mind when we got her back her and I felt a terrifying power holding her at bay. The kids went to try to find her."

"Is that really safe?" Dinah asked, not liking the sound of that.

Ashtar smiled slightly. "I'm sure they are. There's something about these children...I don't know how to explain it but when the six of them are together, their power is strong. Stronger than any power I have ever witnessed."

"My children were born to be strong." She shrugged and sat down next to Ashtar. "It's only natural that their powers are so great."

"But it's not just Michael, Max and Isabel. It's all of them. When they have Maria, Liz and Alex with them, their power is so forceful. If they weren't on our side, I'd be terrified."

Dinah nodded. "I feel it too. Everyone does and I think that's why they accepted Maria so quickly. She had such presence when she was on that stage and you could feel the others backing her up. It was like, 'accept all of us or none of us.'"

"Yes, they're very loyal to each other. From what I understand, they've been through a lot together. My father would be rolling over in his grave if he knew that it was possible that our kind and their kind were not only destined to be together, but that it would be Dilanas, humans, and a Tyrvanas that would regain our planet."

"It is very odd," Dinah agreed. "But I think it was supposed to be this way. Remember, there are many parts of the prophecy that could not be deciphered by our people. It was a Tyrvanas prophecy and without a Tyrvanas at our side, there were too many things we couldn't understand."

Asthar nodded and looked back at the six teenagers, his eye settling on Maria. "I was thinking that myself but there is only one way to find out."

*****

Maria flew around Michael's head, a gay laugh on her lips and Michael felt relief wash through his body. "You remember me?" he asked.

"Of course!" her tiny voice said and she flew in to place her small lips on his cheek.

"So, how are we supposed to get out of here?" Michael asked quietly, not wanting to hurt his little pixie's ears again.

"Kyle said I had to fly and I'm flying so I can leave anytime I want to really."

"How though?"

She looked around and then bit her lip and shrugged. "I don't know really."

"Well, if you're in a glass jar..." Michael began but his voice trailed off and confusion was evident on his face. He glanced at the tiny Maria and nodded behind her. "Who's that?"

Maria's flew around and saw a child sitting in the grass and talking with some flowers. "I don't know," Maria replied. "Let's go find out."

As they approached the little girl, they saw that the flowers were talking back to her. "Hey there, little one," Michael said. "Who are you."

"Hello," The little girl said still looking at the flowers. Then, she looked up at him and smiled. "My name is Alice."

Michael's frowned and then looked into the girl's face and his breath caught in his throat as he saw her long golden colored hair that curled at the ends, serious brown eyes and full pink lips. He knew that face as well as he knew Maria's, as well as he knew his own because she was a mix of both. Could she be...?

Maria flew down to the ground and sat down next to the child. "Hello. I'm Maria, " She said and the girl's eyes lit up.

"I know. I've been waiting for you," the little girl said.

Maria smiled. "Who are you?"

The little girl turned to look at the flowers and said, "Why don't they know who I am?"

"They haven't met you yet, child," One of the flowers said.

Alice nodded and then stood up and reached for Michael's hand. "I like your ring," she told him.

"Thank you," Michael replied. "It was a present."

"I know. I was there when Dinah gave it to you. Your rings are special."

"You were there?" Maria asked glancing at Michael. "What do you mean special?"

The little girl nodded. "But you couldn't see me. Not yet and not for a while. Your rings have...."

"Hey Michael! There you are!" They heard Max's voice call and the both turned. But they never found him because that was the moment when they all woke up.

*****

Maria was the first to wake. Her eyes opened slowly to a blur of dark colors, so unlike the ones she had seen in her dream. She wasn't sure where she was so she slowly turned her head and came face to face with Michael who was holding her in his arms. She smiled as he began to rouse himself and leaned up to touch his face.

His left cheek twitched and his eyes slowly opened. "Hey," he whispered hoarsely.

"Hey there yourself," Maria whispered and leaned in to give him a brief kiss.

"That was some dream Maria," Alex's sleepy voice said and they both turned to see that the others were waking up as well.

"I'll say," Michael agreed. "I think your mom did a little too much LSD before she had you and it hung around in your system," he teased and Maria glared at him playfully.

"Good, you found her," Ashtar said and all heads turned to where he was sitting with Dinah. "Are you okay Maria?"

Everyone looked at her questioningly and she nodded. "Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry about before with the dagger and everything."

"It's okay child. Mother Essie wasn't offended, she understands. She too used to have prophetic dreams and she saw things that disturbed her too. She would like to speak to you again if you don't mind. She wants you to take that dagger and she wants to explain how to use it."

Maria nodded slowly. "Yes. If it will help destroy my father than I need to know how to use it."

Maria felt Michael's arms squeezed her once. She smiled up into his face and he said, "So, what was with that dream, really?"

Maria shrugged. "I like Alice in Wonderland and I think Nacerro knew that. He said that's where he takes out dreams." She bit on her lip, thinking about something for a moment. "Alice," she whispered.

"You remember her?" Michael asked.

"You met Alice?" Alex smirked. "Was she running after the white rabbit?"

"No," Michael rolled his eyes. "We were talking to a little girl named Alice when you guys showed up. It was weird but I think she's..."

"Our daughter," Maria breathed, the child's identity finally dawning on her.

Part 23 | Index | Part 25
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.